COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations
Crossing Healthcare Main Clinic
320 E. Central Ave.
Decatur, IL 62521
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them. If you are eligible, select the link to schedule an appointment.
Vaccination schedules may change due to inclement weather, community demand, or vaccine supply. Vaccine type (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) depends on availability.
Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are currently authorized for ages 18 and older.
Pfizer vaccines are authorized for ages 5 and older.
For more information on vaccines for children and teens, click here.
Vaccine Clinic Reminders
- Wear a sleeveless or short sleeve shirt, so it’s easier for our staff to administer the vaccine.
- Wear a mask and bring your health insurance card. The vaccine is zero cost to you.
- Do not bring family or friends. Due to social distancing needs, we cannot accommodate additional people in our facility.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are not feeling well or are quarantined due to a COVID-19 exposure.
- If you are unsure if you should receive the vaccine, due to health issues, medications, etc., please contact your physician for guidance.
COVID-19 Third Dose and Booster Information
Third Dose - Moderna and Pfizer
- For people who have completed their first two doses - given 4 weeks (or greater) after the second dose
For immunocompromised persons:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medication to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant in the last 2 years or are taking medication to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge's symdrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Booster - Moderna and Pfizer
- Given 6 months (or more) after the second dose
- Moderna (0.25ml - half dose)
- Anyone age 65 or older
- Anyone who lives in a long-term facility and is at least 18 years old
- Anyone 18-64 with the following medical conditions:
Overweight or obesity
Chronic kidney disease
High blood pressure
Weakened immune system
History of organ transplant
History of smoking
Substance use disorder
Mental health condition
- Anyone 18-64 who is at high risk for COVID-19 exposure due to their job
First responder (healthcare worker, firefighters, police, congregate care staff)
Education staff (teachers, support staff, daycare worker)
Food and agriculture worker
U.S. Postal service
Public transit worker
Grocery store worker
- Given 2 months (or more) after the primary dose
- Anyone 18 or older who received a primary dose of Janssen
SHIELD Testing at Crossing Healthcare
SHIELD is a saliva-based, non-invasive COVID-19 test that simply requires an individual to deposit a saliva sample into a provided vial at the testing site located at the facility located on Crossing Healthcare's Campus. Testing is FREE and you'll know your results in less than a day.
990 N. Water Street
Decatur IL 62521
Please park and enter through the door on the west side of the building.
Hours of Operation:
Hours may change due to inclement weather or supply availability. Please check Crossing Healthcare's Facebook page for scheduling updates and announcements.
Agency Code: YWR7YBF1
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: What you should do before testing
- Hydrate about 90 minutes before! Drink water up to one hour prior to testing. Dehydration makes it harder to produce saliva.
- Then...don't eat, drink, or smoke for 60 minutes before you test! Also, avoid tooth brushing, mouth washing, gum chewing, and artifically-colored energy drinks for at least one hour before submitting your saliva sample at the test location.
- Mask up and bring your photo ID. You'll check in at the testing site check in table to verify your identify.
Test results will typically be available within 24 hours of the test and communicated to the individual who was tested. You will receive an e-mail from SHIELD Illinois when your results have posted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Crossing Healthcare Drive Thru Clinic
990 N. Water St.
Decatur, IL 62521